Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Tribble - General Discussion and Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=250)
-   -   Official Revamp of Klingon War missions feedback thread (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=980021)

coldsnapped 01-10-2014 05:21 PM

Official Revamp of Klingon War missions feedback thread

Please post all feedback and bugs found for the revamp of the Federation missions in the Klingon War:

Klingon War mission revamp:
  • Many Federation episodes have been revamped to improve the quality and pacing.
  • These changes apply to the following missions:
    • Stranded in Space
    • Diplomatic Orders
    • Hide and Sneak
    • Stop the Signal
    • Researcher Rescue
    • The Kuvagh'Magh
    • Treasure Trading Station
    • Secret Orders
    • Task Force Hippocrates
    • The Ultimate Klingon
    • City on the Edge of Never
    • Past Imperfect
  • The mission "War is Good for Business" has been removed.

cehus 01-10-2014 05:32 PM

BUG: Stranded in space fed transporter room uses the same atmosphere effect as Azure

Will edit with more

oracle54 01-10-2014 05:33 PM

Just finished Stranded in Space, the only difference noticed was the transporter room on your ship is a bit different and uses the effects for the Azura interior

oracle54 01-10-2014 05:57 PM

Okay, so in the Kuva'magh, you reduced the number of Orion groups to destroy in the beginning to 3
And the number of charges from 5 to 4...but why does it say [Engineer] at the start of the interact button? Ooooh, I see, there are different interactions. The 'Cut Wires' didn't show up for the first 2.

Has the first ground map been changed around, or have I just forgotten what it looked like before?

The interior looks a bit different, nice.

Ending space fight is pretty much the same, but it seems alright...

nakedsnake001 01-10-2014 06:00 PM

I like it so far, you've shorted the starting experience to make it easier for new players. This is really great

jer5488 01-10-2014 06:19 PM

There are little differences, but for the most part all I'm finding/seeing is 'We removed some npc's so the game's even easier then it already was'. I'm sorry, there are ten thousand better uses for the dev team then remastering episodes players will only do once or twice a playthrough. Especially since the 'remastering' only made them easier, and they still aren't on part with the Romulan or new KDF episodes.

trek21 01-10-2014 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jer5488 (Post 14441231)
There are little differences, but for the most part all I'm finding/seeing is 'We removed some npc's so the game's even easier then it already was'. I'm sorry, there are ten thousand better uses for the dev team then remastering episodes players will only do once or twice a playthrough. Especially since the 'remastering' only made them easier, and they still aren't on part with the Romulan or new KDF episodes.

Well, Stranded in Space + "Diplomatic Orders were already revamped before, in addition to Doomsday Machine, so it wouldn't seem apparent at first glance.

However, I saw quite a few dialogue additions in Stranded in Space, somewhat paraphrased below:

"[Boff name], try and monitor that distress call" (when first getting in)
"Try and keep a lock on the away team" (as we're in the transporter room)
"Finding survivors is our top priority" (upon beaming in... though that makes it stick out even more, that only Sci can do that bit)
"Helm, get us in range" (as the ship is about to explode)
"Away team, prepare for emergency transport" (needed on the bridge... though we still have to take the turbolift :P )

And those certainly made the experience seem more real :)

Edit: Now have finished "Diplomatic Orders".

+ Shuttle atmosphere entry is a lot less 'rocky' - though I miss that one lol
+ Considerably expanded dialogue with High Priest Savin, explaining more about the Ambassador's request and other small bits. Also gives far more of an indication that something's 'off' about Sokketh (also good)
+ Little bits from the Klingon captain, and that new 'circling' for our Undine infiltrator
- Most of the 'Continue' end-dialogues are still there - might seem odd after Stranded in Space
? Undine Dreadnought turned to Frigate? Seems odd, but then again, they can fight the Borg.

jkirk13 01-10-2014 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jer5488 (Post 14441331)

The devs also said in the notes that the missions on now do not represent the final versions of them.

trek21 01-10-2014 07:52 PM

Now done Hide and Seek :)

The dilithilum gathering for the disabled ship actually has Tac/Eng/Sci objectives now; we now give a warning to the jamming station before bombing it (that's considerate lol); the minefield was now cloaked, as well as the scanning streamlined; and the base actually looked Klingon instead of generic

Our Boffs even lampshaded how they built a base that deep in Fed space, and an otherwise throwaway line from a KDF officer to warn the fleet.

Also, I'm not sure when this changed, but the Swordmaster type now apparently includes female versions XD

Definitely an improvement imo

castsbugc 01-10-2014 08:06 PM

Game stopping issue for me in Diplomatic Orders:
I cannot advance after talking to Sokketh and starting Speak with High Priest Savin
Clicked through all the options including the green text one, and it will not advance to the next objective.

This is on a new created character on the server.