Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Fleet System and Holdings (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Hostile Fleet Takeover? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=981341)

psptack40 01-12-2014 12:30 PM

Hostile Fleet Takeover?
 
I created a Fleet a few months back but havent been playing it much for awhile..i get a message from one of my membes about how he "accidentally" has taken over my fleet..which he doesnty have permission or the supoosed ability to do. After investigating , i figure out what hes really tried to do is take the fleet over from me..some how hes also put another guy in a "provisional" fleet commander which he shouldnt have the rank or ability to do either. I wrote to the GMs and was told theres nothing they can do and i cant kick them or demote them...and it also says that i can change anything for 2 weeks...does anone know what in they did to make this happen or how i can fix the problem and kick them both out of my fleet...Please help

sandormen123 01-12-2014 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psptack40 (Post 14460861)
I created a Fleet a few months back but havent been playing it much for awhile..i get a message from one of my membes about how he "accidentally" has taken over my fleet..which he doesnty have permission or the supoosed ability to do. After investigating , i figure out what hes really tried to do is take the fleet over from me..some how hes also put another guy in a "provisional" fleet commander which he shouldnt have the rank or ability to do either. I wrote to the GMs and was told theres nothing they can do and i cant kick them or demote them...and it also says that i can change anything for 2 weeks...does anone know what in they did to make this happen or how i can fix the problem and kick them both out of my fleet...Please help

If you create a fleet, and then just 'abandon' it, do not get surprised that someone will take over.

lan451 01-12-2014 12:39 PM

If you or any leader does not log in for a set period of time, the system is set up that the next active ranking person can claim leadership of the fleet. In other words, everything is working as intended. You weren't active in your fleet so someone else claimed it.

peetapipmac 01-12-2014 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psptack40 (Post 14460861)
I created a Fleet a few months back but havent been playing it much for awhile..i get a message from one of my membes about how he "accidentally" has taken over my fleet..which he doesnty have permission or the supoosed ability to do. After investigating , i figure out what hes really tried to do is take the fleet over from me..some how hes also put another guy in a "provisional" fleet commander which he shouldnt have the rank or ability to do either. I wrote to the GMs and was told theres nothing they can do and i cant kick them or demote them...and it also says that i can change anything for 2 weeks...does anone know what in they did to make this happen or how i can fix the problem and kick them both out of my fleet...Please help

This is your own fault mate. If a fleet leader goes a month with out logging in, then the game then gives the next highest ranking member the option of assuming leadership. This is to stop fleets from dying when the leader stops playing. Also the reason that you can't do anything for two weeks is because this new guy has begun the process of removing you from command, the only way you can undo this is by getting another leader to reinstate you.

Bottom line, if you wanted to be a fleet leader you should have looked after it better. Based on what you have said, I think this guy is right to get rid of you.

startrekron 01-16-2014 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psptack40 (Post 14460861)
I created a Fleet a few months back but havent been playing it much for awhile..i get a message from one of my membes about how he "accidentally" has taken over my fleet..which he doesnty have permission or the supoosed ability to do. After investigating , i figure out what hes really tried to do is take the fleet over from me..some how hes also put another guy in a "provisional" fleet commander which he shouldnt have the rank or ability to do either. I wrote to the GMs and was told theres nothing they can do and i cant kick them or demote them...and it also says that i can change anything for 2 weeks...does anone know what in they did to make this happen or how i can fix the problem and kick them both out of my fleet...Please help

Once you take leadership of the fleet you must log on with any one of your characters of the highest rank once every 30 days or the first person of the next highest rank to log in is given control of the fleet. The fleet member you speak of was the lucky or unlucky person who got control of your fleet and isn't to blame. That person can reinstate you to full leadership after the two week timer expires.

As a fellow fleet leader of about 3 1/2 years, my advice is to talk to this guy to see what his intentions are then plan accordingly. I'd say given the fact that he contacted you means he's not going to be a **** about this, so calm down.

peetapipmac 01-16-2014 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by startrekron (Post 14527951)
Once you take leadership of the fleet you must log on with any one of your characters of the highest rank once every 30 days or the first person of the next highest rank to log in is given control of the fleet. The fleet member you speak of was the lucky or unlucky person who got control of your fleet and isn't to blame. That person can reinstate you to full leadership after the two week timer expires.

As a fellow fleet leader of about 3 1/2 years, my advice is to talk to this guy to see what his intentions are then plan accordingly. I'd say given the fact that he contacted you means he's not going to be a **** about this, so calm down.

If the op is on a two week cooldown timer that means that the new guy is actively trying to demote him, so I doubt talking is gonna help. To be honest I hope he doesn't get reinstated. Better he learns his lesson.

startrekron 01-17-2014 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peetapipmac (Post 14528791)
If the op is on a two week cooldown timer that means that the new guy is actively trying to demote him, so I doubt talking is gonna help. To be honest I hope he doesn't get reinstated. Better he learns his lesson.

No I think once someone else gets the fleet the previous fleet leader is put on the 2 week cooldown. If the new leader was trying to steal the fleet he wouldn't be dumb enough to let the OP know BEFORE the timer was up, by the way the is quite obvious.

peetapipmac 01-17-2014 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by startrekron (Post 14537891)
No I think once someone else gets the fleet the previous fleet leader is put on the 2 week cooldown.


It doesn't. I've taken over a fleet from an inactive leader since the new system came in. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about.

hanover2 01-17-2014 01:13 PM

One more reason why "fleet up with strangers" is not a viable solution for small fleets running up against the massive barrier of project costs.

cincyman39 01-18-2014 02:17 PM

As a fleet leader you should have never gone mia. That fleet member did nothing wrong you were gone he took command and decided to demote you. The system is in plce for a reason and your seeing it.

I guess you think since you founded that fleet that your members should come to a stand still on projects while you decide weather or not to log in sorry but the current system dont support your ideal.

I think it was great he got a hold of you and let you know he took command that tells me he had no shady intentions. I say move on start another fleet you may have blown your trust with the current fleet but next time put forth a little more effort in logging on and i promise you it wont happen again.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:11 PM.