Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Anyone else with lag issues? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=98288)

Archived Post 02-02-2010 09:42 AM

Anyone else with lag issues?

I am experienceing terrible lag today I havent ever had this problem until now normally when the server is busy it takes ages to load a screen or jump inot an instance or even log in. But at least i can play in between disconnections, this is umplayable atm i am rubber banding all over the place and cant navite in stations because i think i walked through an archway only to find myself shoot back to a wall before it!!

I know my connection isnt a problem I have 8mbs connection and according to pingtest.net i have 39ms ping with 1ms jitter and that is grade A so Cryptic what the hell is going on. It seems they fixxed the disconects and replaced it with not even being able to play the game when you can log in.. :mad:

Archived Post 02-02-2010 10:02 AM

lag / DC issues

Yes, same here - and it seems to be load/time-of-day dependent.

During the early access period the game performed well, for the most part. Once the last few hours of early access/release hit I've had frozen screens, "server not responding" messages and disconnects to the point where it's unplayable. "your machine!" I hear people cry ... well, it played ok at 11.00GMT today but not at 18.00GMT, copes with other sims / mmos and network -oriented tasks ... and will play STO quite happily at some times of the day and not others.

Disappointed. This looks like another MMO spoilt by poor infrastructure. This is the same kind of stuff that made me give up on Warhammer Online. Great game, badly resourced. It can't be my machine to blame if a guild spends 2 hours on vent describing lag/login/DC issues from england, ireland, sweden, germany, greece and norway ... can't all be the same problem.

I was so, so, so tempted to buy the STO lifetime sub. And nearly did, until the lag issues on the final few hours of early access put me off.

Archived Post 02-02-2010 04:03 PM

Im getting issues as well, i cant load into earth spacedock/warp to sector from earth space dock without Dcing. I also cant partake in Deep space encounters or fleet actions like starbase 24 as i rubber band so much and loose all control of my ship. Its only at these points i have issues, anywhere else pvp included im fine.

Archived Post 02-02-2010 04:05 PM

Been fine for me here.

Archived Post 02-02-2010 04:27 PM

Well I also know its not my machine for a fact, I have a intel quad core machine @3.ghz per core running windows 7 with 4gig ram, 8800 gtx graphix card with the latest drivers installed and over a terrabite of free hard drive space. I am hopeing its just people patching causeing lag because if this is normal load for coming weeks then I will not be able to play at all. I am based in the uk if anyone else has probs please put location your in and if not also post location I am wondering if this is a localized issue or if its widespread.

Archived Post 02-02-2010 04:50 PM

I've had the odd bouts of rubber banding tonight but overall it's been much better than it was over the past few days.

Archived Post 02-02-2010 06:25 PM

sux

real laggy...cant seem to get my audio to work....annoyed and feel stupid for paying for this crap.

Archived Post 02-02-2010 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marshal_Mayhem
Well I also know its not my machine for a fact, I have a intel quad core machine @3.ghz per core running windows 7 with 4gig ram, 8800 gtx graphix card with the latest drivers installed and over a terrabite of free hard drive space. I am hopeing its just people patching causeing lag because if this is normal load for coming weeks then I will not be able to play at all. I am based in the uk if anyone else has probs please put location your in and if not also post location I am wondering if this is a localized issue or if its widespread.

Im not trying to be rude, but you have any true understanding of internet protocol? Do you have any concept of what exactly the 'packets' of information between your high end machine and ANY game servers are doing?

So you drive a Lamborghini, does that help you get from point A to point B any faster when traffic is at a stand still? When the entire freeway is doing 10 miles an hour my Pinto can keep up with your fancy Lamborghini, get it?

Its called the 'web' for a reason, the path your packets of information take is probably different than mine becuase I see no traffic in front of my Pinto, ie. Im not experiencing the lag that you are.

I wish people would stop thinking because they have some sort of super computer the problem MUST be on Cryptics end. The reality literally lies in between. ;)

Archived Post 02-02-2010 06:44 PM

It's running really nice for me and has been all night. I was a big complainer over the headstart weekend about lag and server down time - I have to admit I'm pretty impressed with how it's run today. Only issue I saw was with the account registration servers.

Archived Post 02-02-2010 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VolatileMan (Post 1885575)
Im not trying to be rude, but you have any true understanding of internet protocol? Do you have any concept of what exactly the 'packets' of information between your high end machine and ANY game servers are doing?

So you drive a Lamborghini, does that help you get from point A to point B any faster when traffic is at a stand still? When the entire freeway is doing 10 miles an hour my Pinto can keep up with your fancy Lamborghini, get it?

Its called the 'web' for a reason, the path your packets of information take is probably different than mine becuase I see no traffic in front of my Pinto, ie. Im not experiencing the lag that you are.

I wish people would stop thinking because they have some sort of super computer the problem MUST be on Cryptics end. The reality literally lies in between. ;)

True, and he doesn't even have close to a gaming PC, that card is years old, my old PC used them. Anyway, I've experienced it as well. I get much worse lag then in beta, and one game in space it was extremely bad, but was weird also. I played like 10 minutes into the game then bang, my ship goes bonkers, like my ship still kinda moves very slowly, everyone else is moving very slowly, but my ship is flinging behind itself to infront of itself several times a second. When I fly away out of range of everyone it goes away when I see someone it came back, but it only lasted one game though. Nothing to do with my connection or PC, it seems that it could be a server performance issue.