Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Academy (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=127)
-   -   Should I return or keep my boxed copy? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=98848)

Archived Post 02-02-2010 01:05 PM

Should I return or keep my boxed copy?

I just got my Amazon.com order a few minutes ago from the UPS delivery guy(which I did not expect their release day delivery was true). My concern though is whether I should open the box or return the game for a refund.

You see I really would like to have the last available race as a playable character, the Joined Trill, but Amazon.com did not have a Digitial Delivery option for the Digitial Deluxe version of this game. Yesterday I received two Tribbles in my inventiory when visiting Vulcan Home world and doing a mission on P''Jem. This makes the Best Buy pre-order essentially useless to me as that is why I originally bought it there.

So my concern from those who have progressed to near Admiral rank, how hard is it to be assigned a Borg bridge offier do to gameplay, or this truly exclusive to the Amazon.com orders only?

On the above note, is there ever a chance I will unlock Joined Trill as a playable species or buy it from the C-Store relatively soon(you guys may not know the second part)? I just bought the Klingon and Ferengi playable races this morning, and was disappointed there was no Joined Trill option for a little more Microsoft Points... er, I mean Cryptic Points. [;-)]

It will likely play out like this I think in the C-store very soon, but when?

Ferengi - 80 Points - $1
Klingon - 240 Points - $3
Joined Trill - 400 Points - $5
Liberated Borg - 800 Points - $10

Archived Post 02-02-2010 01:13 PM

Sorry to bump, but I am hoping soeone knows or can direct me to a thread with info?

Archived Post 02-02-2010 01:20 PM

afaik:
there is currently no way to get a borg bridge officer other than the pre order
there is currently no way to get the joined trill other than the pre order

However, these MAY be available later on in the cash shop, but there has been no definate yes or no

Archived Post 02-03-2010 01:56 PM

Thanks fr the response. I may go ahead and open my boxed copy. Sucks that I can't trade the free 30-days in each retail copy for something else like Cryptic points.

Archived Post 02-03-2010 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky_13_X
Yesterday I received two Tribbles in my inventiory when visiting Vulcan Home world and doing a mission on P''Jem. This makes the Best Buy pre-order essentially useless to me as that is why I originally bought it there.

Just to clarify .. the pre-order tribble is different than the common (or even rare) tribbles you can loot. Petting it gives you three separate buffs (+dmg, +resistance, +healing(i think?)) that last 1 hour each.

Archived Post 02-03-2010 02:36 PM

UPS suck.
Quote:

02/03/2010 4:46 P.M. NOTICE LEFT / DELIVERY RESCHEDULED
I was in at that time and there was no notice and no attempted delivery. UPS suck.

To clarify: UPS suck.

Archived Post 02-03-2010 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evalissa (Post 1879958)
afaik:
there is currently no way to get the joined trill other than the pre order

The joined trill is not a preorder bonus, it's a Digital Deluxe Edition bonus. So it's still available from any DDE.

Archived Post 02-03-2010 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brigadoom
UPS suck.

I was in at that time and there was no notice and no attempted delivery. UPS suck.

To clarify: UPS suck.

That's all fine and all that, but I'm still unclear on your feelings regarding UPS. :D

Archived Post 02-03-2010 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky_13_X
Thanks fr the response. I may go ahead and open my boxed copy. Sucks that I can't trade the free 30-days in each retail copy for something else like Cryptic points.

It also appears that Amazon US is no longer offering that Borg BO 'perk' for STO

http://www.amazon.com/Star-Trek-Onli...9&sr=8-1-spell

since the 'perk' is tied to the retail key... I wonder if you have a collector's item here...