Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   # of Bridge Officers (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=98982)

Archived Post 02-02-2010 02:57 PM

# of Bridge Officers

Regarding Bridge Officers. If you have two science consols does that mean you can assign one officer to each and have those two available on the hotbar?

Or are the extra BO's just for ground missions or to switch out whenever?

Archived Post 02-02-2010 02:58 PM

Depending on how many consols you have, that is how many bridge officers of that consol type will be using them during space combat.

My cruiser has 2 engineering consols right now and thus, two seperate engineering officer maning them.

Archived Post 02-02-2010 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaDark (Post 1880811)
Depending on how many consols you have, that is how many bridge officers of that consol type will be using them during space combat.

My cruiser has 2 engineering consols right now and thus, two seperate engineering officer maning them.

So it's good to get one with Emergency Power to Shields and another with Emergency Power to Weapons for example. That way you can use both abilities in combat?

Archived Post 02-02-2010 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SFCO
So it's good to get one with Emergency Power to Shields and another with Emergency Power to Weapons for example. That way you can use both abilities in combat?

Correct.
Just note the rank of the console. When you first get two consoles of the same kind, one will be Lieutenant grade and the other will be Ensign grade.

If you put a lieutenant officer at an ensign grade console, you'll only get their ensign-grade skill available on your bar.

Archived Post 02-02-2010 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rikaelus (Post 1881008)
Correct.
Just note the rank of the console. When you first get two consoles of the same kind, one will be Lieutenant grade and the other will be Ensign grade.

If you put a lieutenant officer at an ensign grade console, you'll only get their ensign-grade skill available on your bar.

I was thinking science, but it's actually Engineering. On the Constitution class, there are two consols, but I can only assign one officer.

Archived Post 02-02-2010 03:35 PM

I think I'm doing something wrong then. I can only access one Engineer. Is there something I'm missing or need to set up?

Archived Post 02-02-2010 03:36 PM

You must assign an engineer to the other consol via the assignments page.

Additionally, to do so, you MUST have another engineer.

1 BO cannot man two consols.

Archived Post 02-02-2010 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaDark (Post 1881591)
You must assign an engineer to the other consol via the assignments page.

Additionally, to do so, you MUST have another engineer.

1 BO cannot man two consols.

I do have two engineers but it only lists three stations on that page. Maybe it's a bug or not meant for this ship despite it have two engineering consols.

Archived Post 02-02-2010 03:44 PM

You misunderstood, The constitution has two engineering SLOTS, which means you can put two engineering devices into the ship. Equipping it I mean. Dana is talking about consoles, which is what most of us thought it had.

Archived Post 02-02-2010 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sapphyres
You misunderstood, The constitution has two engineering SLOTS, which means you can put two engineering devices into the ship. Equipping it I mean. Dana is talking about consoles, which is what most of us thought it had.

Ah... got'cha. Thanks!

I'm still learning.