Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   attack right from cloak (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=99547)

Archived Post 02-02-2010 08:14 PM

attack right from cloak

my search skills are a bit weak but I did try searching and couldn't find an answer.

is it possible to attack, in your first BoP, from cloak? I know you cannot be cloaked when you attack, but unless I am missing something, it appears you have to manually shut off cloaking, then start your attacks. was wondering if there is a way to initiate an attack, which turns off the cloaking right before firing your weapons.

thanks

Archived Post 02-02-2010 08:17 PM

No there is not.

Archived Post 02-02-2010 08:19 PM

The Cloak is a get out of death free card, It should drain weapons or speed as impluse does. Its very over powered to have four birds cloak and take out your team one by one.

Also Spawning is an issue in pvp... but hell who listens to me.

:confused:

Archived Post 02-02-2010 08:45 PM

If the cloak put off weapons like full impulse its pretty useless. Because when you uncloak you have no weapon power.

Draining just shields is enuogth. They start from 0 to its desired value.

Same goes for feds. The take the klings out one by one too.

BC can be a livesaver i used rigth but thats it. And its not a death out free card. All torps fired just before cloaking hit the hull. I wasted in KvK some BoP who were just about cloaking out. You just have to fire the torps rigth.

Oh and donīt forget that bops have the lowest hull of all ships.

Getting out of combat with another ship than the BoP is way harder. you have to get fully out of combat to recloak and thats not that easy.

And if feds do it rigth BoPs will melt away and have no time to cloak out.

Archived Post 02-02-2010 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unmort (Post 1886086)
The Cloak is a get out of death free card, It should drain weapons or speed as impluse does. Its very over powered to have four birds cloak and take out your team one by one.

Also Spawning is an issue in pvp... but hell who listens to me.

:confused:

We pay for our cloak in hull. Also contrary to it seems every single fed's belief, not everyone has a BoP, cloaking drops your shields, and the tier 1 BoP can't cloak in combat. The tier2 BoP battle cloak is by no means a "get out of death free card" you have to survive 3 seconds usually of focus fire, with no shields and usually a good chunk out of your hull. Shields do NOT regen while you're cloaked so you're out of the fight for a long time while you run, decloak, wait for shields, run back. While you're out of the fight usually any raptor pilots in the fight are dead, and often some nonce decides to run in and get themselves killed repeatedly.

Archived Post 02-03-2010 01:24 AM

i think the manual decloak and the short tiem delay to fire is about right as to the time it would take a Bop to decloak and fire in the shows.

as to the response from the FEd. First we have no shields or shield regen, as has been mentioned, while cloaked. Second, it is not liek we can race in at full implus and fire. We have to sit and wait for out weapons to charge. A good sci ship is out there scannign for us while we recharge our weapons and or come in for the attack.

Archived Post 02-03-2010 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kendo33
my search skills are a bit weak but I did try searching and couldn't find an answer.

is it possible to attack, in your first BoP, from cloak? I know you cannot be cloaked when you attack, but unless I am missing something, it appears you have to manually shut off cloaking, then start your attacks. was wondering if there is a way to initiate an attack, which turns off the cloaking right before firing your weapons.

thanks

Atm Klingons are in an disadventage on that matter.

When you klik stealth off, you get instantly phasered by Fedball. Thus meaning when actually Klingons should have the 1st Alpha strike from stealth, actually Fedball does a perfect 5man Volley against the Klingon who decloaks. ( they have same target, no need to focus via vent or chat. Thank autoaim/autoattack +spacebar spam ).

Basicly our stealth should be turned off automatically when we fire a weapon/weapons.