Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Seriously? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=99612)

Archived Post 02-02-2010 07:58 PM

Seriously?
 
Do I actually have to pay for a 1-month subscription in order to redeem my box key and get my 30 days free with the game? If so, thats a really low blow. In total the game cost me $62 CAD and now im going to have to pay another 20? Or am I missing something?

Archived Post 02-02-2010 07:59 PM

The one month subscription is 15 USD per month (the standard for MMOs) as was informed a few weeks ago, and the free month starts after leeway.

Archived Post 02-02-2010 08:01 PM

Most games require you to have a credit/debit card on file when officially making a game account like that. They don't, or shouldn't, actually charge it until the free time is up. And usually you can put it on file and then cancel recurring billing and it won't charge it until you specifically tell it to, which you'd have to do after the free time is up to keep playing.

Archived Post 02-02-2010 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Shamrock_
The one month subscription is 15 USD per month (the standard for MMOs) as was informed a few weeks ago, and the free month starts after leeway.

yes and i was talking about CAD... once you include taxes, its about 20 cad per month. I wasnt ****ed about the price, i was ****ed about having to pay for a month before Ive even used the free month.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LrdPhoenix (Post 1886614)
Most games require you to have a credit/debit card on file when officially making a game account like that. They don't, or shouldn't, actually charge it until the free time is up. And usually you can put it on file and then cancel recurring billing and it won't charge it until you specifically tell it to, which you'd have to do after the free time is up to keep playing.

Thanks, thats what ill try to do. I just want to make sure I like the game before committing another 20 bucks to it. Im just used to wow, which doesnt require you to pay anything until your free time runs up. And very often I dont like to renew immediately.

Archived Post 02-02-2010 08:09 PM

Enter your CC info with 1 month, then cancel the subscription. Unless of course you want to stick around and play :) You won't be charged after the 30 day trial ends.

Archived Post 02-02-2010 08:09 PM

almost ALL MMO's make u put a CC on file before u can use your free time... been the case for over 10 years now.

do what i do.... add yoru CC details then cancel your sub... simple fix

Archived Post 02-02-2010 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Droider (Post 1886572)
Do I actually have to pay for a 1-month subscription in order to redeem my box key and get my 30 days free with the game? If so, thats a really low blow. In total the game cost me $62 CAD and now im going to have to pay another 20? Or am I missing something?

No, you actually don't. You have to enter information for your subscription, but you are not charged until the 30 days are up, and you can cancel the subscription at any point before then; including minutes after you put it in.

Archived Post 02-02-2010 08:11 PM

Ok thanks for the help :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by USSGauntlet
Enter your CC info with 1 month, then cancel the subscription. Unless of course you want to stick around and play :) You won't be charged after the 30 day trial ends.

I probably will stick around and play, but I want to have the option to not stick around and play :)

Archived Post 02-02-2010 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Droider (Post 1886658)
yes and i was talking about CAD... once you include taxes, its about 20 cad per month. I wasnt ****ed about the price, i was ****ed about having to pay for a month before Ive even used the free month.



Thanks, thats what ill try to do. I just want to make sure I like the game before committing another 20 bucks to it. Im just used to wow, which doesnt require you to pay anything until your free time runs up. And very often I dont like to renew immediately.

wow they charge the taxes too? Must be a first, none of the mmo I played before charged me the Canadian taxes, that bs

Archived Post 02-02-2010 08:11 PM

no sir.

you just have to have a card on file, just remember to cancel if you're done.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:04 AM.