Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Romulan Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=371)
-   -   No anniversary gifts for Romulans? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=998341)

alonys 01-29-2014 10:58 AM

No anniversary gifts for Romulans?

Why did the Romulans get screwed out of getting a bridge pack and a ship for the anniversary?

misterde3 01-29-2014 11:02 AM

In case of the bridge pack that should be obvious: they have none.
Also, the Romulans are less than a year old, what Cryptic is giving out for free is from F2P launch in 2012 or older.

eazzie 01-29-2014 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alonys (Post 14772781)
Why did the Romulans get screwed out of getting a bridge pack and a ship for the anniversary?

Firstly these past three days have been an added bonus free gift giveaway pre anniversary.

Rmoulans have not been screwed out read the thread on the giveaway for today and that will explain that Roms allied with Feds can use the consoles on the Fed ship and vice versa on the KDF ship.

ehgato 01-29-2014 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alonys (Post 14772781)

Dont take mi wrong but personally will ask to made romulans a real faction and no a parasite of fed or kdf like today, then u can ask to get som especific thing for romis .

by the way the romis can use the free stuff since they are alies of fed/kdf and for no reason this 2 main factions give away to de romis theyr ships for use :P.

Sry for mi bad english.

sernonserculion 01-29-2014 10:32 PM

These gifts perfectly showcase how many factions there actually are in STO. But never look a Lazer Megalodon gift shark in the mouth. You will drown in teeth. :P

---

killdozer9211 01-29-2014 10:41 PM

Literally everything from the giveaway was available to romulans. If anything, fed and kdf players should be complaining because Romulans got more free stuff than either of them.

What a Romulan centric event. I demand compensation.

:rolleyes:

varnoukh 01-30-2014 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misterde3 (Post 14772891)
In case of the bridge pack that should be obvious: they have none.

Yeah. We'd need to have more stuff before they could consider giving any of it away :P

Though seriously the ships in these giveaways always seem to be lower tier vessels. So there's almost no chance I'd ever actually fly any of them. It's effectively just the consoles we get and most of them I wouldn't bother using either, even though as a Romulan I could.

So I don't really think we are missing out.

That said I don't think it would hurt if eg. they're giving away costume unlocks and include something Romulan in that just as a nod to us greenbloods.

greendragon527 01-30-2014 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by varnoukh (Post 14790261)
Yeah. We'd need to have more stuff before they could consider giving any of it away :P

Though seriously the ships in these giveaways always seem to be lower tier vessels. So there's almost no chance I'd ever actually fly any of them. It's effectively just the consoles we get and most of them I wouldn't bother using either, even though as a Romulan I could.

So I don't really think we are missing out.

That said I don't think it would hurt if eg. they're giving away costume unlocks and include something Romulan in that just as a nod to us greenbloods.

How many costumes we actually got though? The TNG and TOS one? That's half the costumes if the give away one! Funny enough to think of it the KDF has only one. Fashion is really hard to come by without those pesky humans xD.

genada 01-30-2014 04:57 AM

Got the free Horta which is pretty awesome imo.

protogoth 01-30-2014 05:13 AM

Gessatra has the Horta, has access to the bridge pack for any KDF ships she has (and she had two before yesterday), and now has a third KDF ship. Looks to me like Romulans got stuff.