Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Shipyards (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218)
-   -   Borg vs. MACO vs. Dyson...which set? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=998831)

vedauwoo 01-29-2014 04:13 PM

Borg vs. MACO vs. Dyson...which set?
 
For a Tac Carrier......which is most beneficial....or can I mix and match?

Currently running the mk X borg....

gofasternow 01-29-2014 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vedauwoo (Post 14782381)
For a Tac Carrier......which is most beneficial....or can I mix and match?

Currently running the mk X borg....

I run Mk X Borg myself, but Mk X Borg does jack when you go up against the Borg.

From what people say, it's usually Borg Deflector and Impulse Engines + MACO Shield MACO Shield is stronger than Borg Shield and using Borg Deflector and Impulse Engines = an ever-regenerating shield.

orondis 01-29-2014 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vedauwoo (Post 14782381)
For a Tac Carrier......which is most beneficial....or can I mix and match?

Currently running the mk X borg....

Borg engines, Borg deflector and MACO or elite fleet shield. Pretty much the best combo for any ship, unless you're trying for an unusual build.

The 2x Borg + higher cap shield has sadly been the number one build since the Borg set was released.

lordkasu 01-29-2014 05:57 PM

I run with 2 piece borg with Dyson.

rodentmaster 01-30-2014 06:53 AM

Forget dyson. Worst set and worst bonuses.

3pc borg gives awesome regenerative abilities in both hull and shields. 2pc borg gives good hull regen. Often folks will run 2pc borg for hull regen and a stronger shield, like MACO.

Just never use MACO with plasmonic leech. They conflict with each other and will clear each other completely any time they trigger. Omega Force and Adapted Omega (aka Fed KHG) don't have this conflict.

smokeybacon90 01-30-2014 06:57 AM

Rodentmaster summed it up quite well. Despite all the new sets we have, nothing has really managed to usurp the Borg 2-piece from its throne yet.

rodentmaster 01-30-2014 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokeybacon90 (Post 14793191)
Rodentmaster summed it up quite well. Despite all the new sets we have, nothing has really managed to usurp the Borg 2-piece from its throne yet.

They really screwed us over when they made it a 3pc set instead of 4. Wish they'd never disconnected the console. You could run 2/2 sets that way. This was before warp cores for those that don't know, so the console+engine would get you 2pc hull regen bonus and you could run shields+deflector of something else to get a different set bonus. It allowed much more flexibility.

Something Cryptic seems determined to stamp out these days.

vocmcp 01-30-2014 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rodentmaster (Post 14793021)
Forget dyson. Worst set and worst bonuses.

3pc borg gives awesome regenerative abilities in both hull and shields. 2pc borg gives good hull regen. Often folks will run 2pc borg for hull regen and a stronger shield, like MACO.

Just never use MACO with plasmonic leech. They conflict with each other and will clear each other completely any time they trigger. Omega Force and Adapted Omega (aka Fed KHG) don't have this conflict.

What about the Proton Barrage?

coffeemike 01-30-2014 07:58 AM

I use the Adapted MACO space set... I like it for its own torp and power bonus. Though I feel like the Dyson engines are the weaker clone of the Adapted MACO impulse engines.

I want to see the actual stats of the gear when live to compare.

ursusmorologus 01-30-2014 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vocmcp (Post 14794071)
What about the Proton Barrage?

Will it save your ship? or do you give that up in exchange for a virtual weapon?


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:29 PM.