Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   [Video] - 4th Anniversary News - Must Watch - Explains How the Grind Works (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=999171)

thedoctorbluebox 01-29-2014 11:08 PM

[Video] - 4th Anniversary News - Must Watch - Explains How the Grind Works

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVPlB...&feature=share

http://www.youtube.com/user/JustGaming4Us

BTW, I will be covering the full 4th Year Anniversary on my channel, full videos of playing through the featured episode, and a look at the new ships eventually, and the Q daily mission. I will cover as much as I can, so stay tuned for that.

Otherwise, watch this video above, you may be shocked at what the 4th Year Anniversary is all about this year, and how it differs from the past 3 years Anniversary's. I also explain how the new ship grind works.

Thanks for watching

-Brent

reyan01 01-29-2014 11:35 PM

I'll be sure to tune in - always enjoy your videos! :)

sunfrancks 01-29-2014 11:37 PM

Watching now, and like you, I will be skipping the ship grind....

truewarper 01-29-2014 11:59 PM

Thank you for the fuller explanation. I will not partake in this. I have a base to work on and a few projects.

This will take away time from doing that.

Keep the ships and the special secondary bonuses. I will the play the special feature. But my base takes high priority.

skyranger1414 01-30-2014 12:08 AM

Doc, don't think of it as something that ticks you off, think of it as money saved by not buying the 3 packs and time saved by not doing the grinds! We know the secondary deflectors are coming to all sci vessels eventually, why pay this ridiculous early adopter price?

priestofsin420 01-30-2014 12:18 AM

You seem overly negative, Doc. Your tone was overall irritating, despite you providing incredibly useful information. I suggest a more neutral tone when conveying large amounts of info, it sounds better that way.

Thanks for the info however! I have enough lobi left over from the last lobi event to grab the ship immediately, but I understand why people don't want to grind for a 9-console ship. I'm a tad miffed about that myself. At least the 10-console version isn't locked behind a Lobi gate... 800 would be way out of my range.

captainrevo1 01-30-2014 12:37 AM

When ever someone puts -Must Watch- for their own video it makes me not want to watch it.

I know how the grind works anyway, but i hope others get something useful out of it.

sirboulevard 01-30-2014 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by priestofsin420 (Post 14788491)
You seem overly negative, Doc. Your tone was overall irritating, despite you providing incredibly useful information. I suggest a more neutral tone when conveying large amounts of info, it sounds better that way.

Thanks for the info however! I have enough lobi left over from the last lobi event to grab the ship immediately, but I understand why people don't want to grind for a 9-console ship. I'm a tad miffed about that myself. At least the 10-console version isn't locked behind a Lobi gate... 800 would be way out of my range.

Agreed on your tone. And word choice. Once the word "r*pe" was used, you lost credibility, Doc. If you can't be calm during your show, don't film it for your sake, man. And throwing the ARC debate on top of the anniversary debate was very unprofessional. I enjoy your videos, but as a former journalist, I must ask that you try to be more neutral.

I'm not happy about this either, and I too don't like it. I will be getting this ship on ONE of my characters and only because he has the lobi to do so. However, I wouldn't have had an issue with the grind if the GEAR was NOT involved. This ship statisically is miles above the free Odyssey and free Ambassador. If it was just a bog standard version I would have been fine. But the free version is like the Lobi version of the Obelisk from last time in this event. And I do think that was wrong.

And Doc, on a personal note, I'm almost postive the set bonuses will turn out to be mediocre at best and the Fleet Gear will outclass it. Plus it will probably only work on THIS specific ship. If it angers you this much: just get the C-store version and load it up with Fleet Gear, that WILL be the superior ship.

wraithshadow13 01-30-2014 12:51 AM

You forgot to mention that the C-Store version is going to be a three pack, though from the sound of it, it will be faction specific, meaning $50 for the Romulans, $50 for the Klingons, and $50 for the Feds.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1&postcount=31

tyraidd 01-30-2014 01:53 AM

I think the video was a pretty good reflection of most in the STO community really feels at this point in time. People are genuinely upset at Perfect World and feels they pushed us too far this time in adapting STO into the Eastern MMO format.

They are forcing ARC on us and bribing us to test the product, which still has questionable programming, like it installing BHOs on your internet browsers (without permission). And everyone I know or talked to, immediately deleted ARC. And somehow I feel that Perfect World doesn't know that and think we accept the technology, when we really don't.

So that's going to be a major point of contention if this goes live and it's forced us on it.

And the Grind......., they gave the impression they were lessening the grind when they made the Dyson Reputation, but lo and behold they added it to the Winter Event and now the fourth Anniversary. People are already passed their cracking points when having to do multiple grinds on multiple characters. A friend of mine actually had a mental breakdown during the winter event, because of the excessive grind. And he got banned because of it.

Given all this negativity they are throwing at us, I can't help but to think that something serious is about to happen in the STO community. Given we just got Khan's uniform, it could suffice to say that STO very well soon go up like the Reliant.