View Single Post
Captain
# 24
05-18-2013, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter1z9 View Post
virtually useless singularity abilities.
Quote:
virtually useless singularity abilities.
In the main thread, it's been very apparent that folks have different opinions on them both as a whole and individually...I think there was even somebody that liked the Warp Shadows. /cough

I find three of them to have their uses, even there - it's going to depend on the career/ship and what's being fought.

There is something, imho, that they might want to address in regard to where exactly the balancing is for the abilities. I asked about that in the main thread, but I don't expect any sort of answer on it.

Quote:
I'm currently running a modified version of this build: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=531911
I use DHCs and Turrets in place of the beams and use battle cloaking to position myself for alpha strikes. It's actually pretty fun but would be even better if I could use the singularity abilities for more than just an "Oh, S**t!" button.
Drop a Singularity Jump on a cube to debuff it's accuracy/damage/eat targetable torps...would require less healing and mean more damage could be done.

The Overcharge doesn't drain weapon power as you'd be unloading your DHCs/Turrets.

And then yeah, it gets into my meh feelings on the rest...lol. The Shockwave I can see having uses here and there for things when used in conjunction with other things. The other two...

...like I said, I'm wondering what the balancing point for Cryptic was with them.
Willard the Rat, Klingon, Sci (60), U.S.S. Tong Vey, Geneva Command Battlecruiser (FT6), Inner Circle
Meena, Ferasan, Tac (60), I.K.S. vagh SuD bas, B'rel Retrofit Bird-of-Prey (T5U), Ho'ragh
[WIP] No-Fleet, T5U B'rel Retrofit Build