View Single Post
Captain
# 24
05-18-2013, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by peter1z9 View Post
virtually useless singularity abilities.
Quote:
virtually useless singularity abilities.
In the main thread, it's been very apparent that folks have different opinions on them both as a whole and individually...I think there was even somebody that liked the Warp Shadows. /cough

I find three of them to have their uses, even there - it's going to depend on the career/ship and what's being fought.

There is something, imho, that they might want to address in regard to where exactly the balancing is for the abilities. I asked about that in the main thread, but I don't expect any sort of answer on it.

Quote:
I'm currently running a modified version of this build: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=531911
I use DHCs and Turrets in place of the beams and use battle cloaking to position myself for alpha strikes. It's actually pretty fun but would be even better if I could use the singularity abilities for more than just an "Oh, S**t!" button.
Drop a Singularity Jump on a cube to debuff it's accuracy/damage/eat targetable torps...would require less healing and mean more damage could be done.

The Overcharge doesn't drain weapon power as you'd be unloading your DHCs/Turrets.

And then yeah, it gets into my meh feelings on the rest...lol. The Shockwave I can see having uses here and there for things when used in conjunction with other things. The other two...

...like I said, I'm wondering what the balancing point for Cryptic was with them.