View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 773
05-18-2013, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus304 View Post
sad really, I have a sum of steam cards at my disposal but I really want to buy the Legacy pack which I won't do in any form of credit card since I have run into many problems in the past with it...
I have never run into any form of credit card problem in the past and I did some strange things with it...
My wife had her Second Life account hacked once a few years ago were the hacker made an insane purchase of Linden Dollars with give or take 200-300 (real) dollars which was approved by the game company (while officially this is not allowed due to daily/weekly/monthy purchase restrictions) and after the ingame coin was transferred her account was suddenly banned from game. The CC company however gave back all the money we lost while the developers of Second Life never acknowledged guild for what happened.
In general the credit card companies are cool and you are insured for a lot of things that could happen, but the gaming companies whom you pay for something have to be carefull with your info as well.