View Single Post
Commander
# 169
05-19-2013, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaanithegreen View Post
Oh yeah? Well, I can do EST without turning my computer on! I simulate doing ISE solo without any ship at all! With a graphing calculator! While PVPing as an entire team on five different computers and beating all the best players in the game by myself! While dead!

People just can't resist the bragging, can they? Even when it doesn't make sense Yeah, you can beat an ESTF with four people flying real ships and one flying a shuttle or whatever. That's no different than beating it with just four people, which happens all the time because people's drop. Which I'm sure is something the missions are built with in mind. Sheesh.

I'm going to fly the ship. If it gets a turn rate increase, that's super. If not, I'll learn to deal, just like everyone else who flies it.
It is not really bragging. It is stating a fact that ESTFs aren't hard.

For months when I started playing, I had heard how they were the end game, hardest thing to do, sort of thing. I was actually a little intimidated to actually try one. I watched videos of people doing them, and it seemed you needed endless amounts of cooperation to even attempt them.

Then I tried one,

I had spent months and months tweaking my build and ships for pvp. It turns out that a pvp build is WAY overkill for ESTFs.

You think its bragging, but honestly its not. I have done hundreds of them by now and I can count on one hand the amount of people who actually know how to use their ship.

People who die to the gate, or a tac cube or even a standard cube just astound me. Dieing to one once a map or so is no big deal, as we all make mistakes. But the people who die 4, 5, 6 times in one STF....it happens every time I play one and I can't comprehend why.

But then I see comments in threads like this (not necessarily yours) where people are saying this ship's turn is fine, and it all makes sense. The vast majority of people are simply content with a fraction of their potential.