View Single Post
Captain
# 140
05-19-2013, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsills View Post
There are actually two way to approach that moment in the Death Knight backstory. If you wait long enough, your friend actually asks you to do it - because he/she trusts you to kill quickly, and with minimum pain. It's more a mercy killing by that point; the other option would be to leave your friend to the nonexistent mercies of the Lich King's inquisitors, after all.

After getting to the end of "Installation 18", I finally realized what good writing was involved in "Mindgames". In the secret Tal Shiar installation, you find a lab that is being used for indoctrination techniques similar to what you experienced.

My character's experiences in "Mindgames" had struck me more deeply than I had realized. I was angry. I kept looking for the option that would let me burn that installation to the ground and sow salt over its ashes. I wanted to see every sub-Romulan involved executed.

I can't recall the last time a video game did that to me...
"Mind Games" is just a piece of the entire story. It's a part of the building up to the climax in "Cutting the Cord". When I first did the Romulan version of the "Cutting the Cord" I knew there would be some customiation for Romulans. But I didn't really have any expectations. I thought hte climax in the last cutscene with Hakeev would play out as I knew it. But how the scene ended truely surprised me and shocked me a bit. After my surprise and some reflectection, that scene ended exactly as I wanted it too. The writing of the entire series of arcs did have a profound impact on me as well. I just hadn't realized how much until the climax.

Last edited by lordfuzun; 05-19-2013 at 09:02 AM.