View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 4
05-19-2013, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dam999 View Post
Eng lacks everything..Whatever eng has, tac and sci have also, but NOT vice versa.

What can an eng pilot do to maximize his damage? APOIII and perhaps TT (which is insignificant), that's about it..

Tac captains have all those BOFF skills plus all their character specific skills which boost their damage sky high. In other words, if you take two ships with same consoles and weapons, the top damage of the tac captain is a LOT bigger than the one of the eng cap.
So let me get this straight, you want Engineer, the self-tank class in the game, to do as much damage as Tactical, i.e the dps class in the game.

Ok so lets give engis, APA and Tactical Fleet and GDF, oh wait now they have the same damage but engis have better self tanking so lets get rid of Miracle worker, Rotate shield frequency and Eps power transfer, oh wait, now they are practically the same class.

What you shouldn't be asking for is the engi to do more dps, what you should be asking is for cryptic to improve/add engineers current abilities to perform its role in a team, i.e tanking/support.

Your Ramming Speed III deals 52098 (99235) Kinetic Damage(Critical) to Remus.