View Single Post
Captain
# 39
05-19-2013, 04:41 PM
I've flown an Odyssey for quite a while, and even asked before on these forums whether or not the ship was worth it, received mixed replies, and then I just out and got the bugger. However I would recommend you get the Oddy 3 pack, since the Chevron sep is just wonderful. However if you are just using the Tac Oddy, here's a build that I know works VERY well in STFs (since you seem to want a PvE build):

Shields: MACO Resilient Shield Array mk XII
Engines: Assimilated Subtranswarp Engines mk XII
Deflector: MACO Graviton Deflector Array mk XII

Weapons:
Fore: Wide Angle Quantum Torpedo/Romulan Hyper Plasma Torpedo/Some Quantum Torp, 3x Disruptor Beam Array mk XII (your choice of modifiers)
Aft: Kinetic Cutting Beam, 3x Disruptor Beam Array mk XII (again, your choice of modifiers)

Consoles:
Tactical: Disruptor Induction Coilx3 (mk level and rarity is based on what you can afford, but mk XI blues work fine and are relatively cheap)

Engineering: 3x Neutronium, 1x Monotanium/2x Neutronium, 2x Monotanium (that is just preference, I personally would go with the second one, since most of the Borg damage comes from their Torps of doom)

Science: Assimilated Module, Zero Point Energy Conduit, Chevron Separation/Emitter Array (only if you don't have the Chevron sep)

Boff Layout:
LtCmdr Universal: TS1, BFAW2, APO1/APB2 (personal preference is APO1, but APB is probably better overall for damage)
Ens Universal: HE1
Lt Tactical: TT1, APB1
Lt Science: HE1, TSS2
Cmdr Engineering: ET1, EPtW2, EPtS3, Aux2SIF3

DOff Layout:
Conn Officerx2 Purple
DCE x2 Purple/Blue
WCE Purple/Blue

The only ones required as purple are the Conn Officers, the other 3 can be blues and work almost as well.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder. <--- DR proved me wrong!