View Single Post
Captain
# 9
05-19-2013, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonsills View Post
Account-wide Reputation?

"Sure, this character's fresh out of the tutorial and flying his very first starship - but he's built up this tremendous reputation with the Romulans based on the actions of this other guy he's totally unrelated to!"

Huh?
What's the difference since you can't utilize the Rep system until your level 50?

A character fresh out of the Academy can get starter packs full of ships, gear, special boffs, etc. Every time I make a new character I'm deciding which of 5 T1 ships I want the character to use, I'm claiming Borg, Photonic, and Android Boffs, I'm opening special shields, weapons, and other gear boxes, I'm pulling ECs out of my Account back, etc. I don't see how having some Rep is any different.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.