View Single Post
Captain
# 6
05-20-2013, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedumb4eva View Post
FYI, even with 3x Projectile DOFFs, guess what, there are times when the torps don't fire at the GCD.
There are also times when someone wins the lottery. It doesn't mean it happens often.

Set up your ship correctly, and your torpedoes go downrange faster than a herd of cats chasing a squirrel with a laser pointer duct taped to it.

Quote:
I have 2x quantum 2x DHC and 1x DBB on my fore weapons.

When I try to damage spike a target that has any shields, virtually nothing happens and this should not be the case given my total investment towards torpedoes.
If you can't shield break with 2 dhcs and a DBB, you're doing something very, very wrong.

Quote:
Bottom Line: Players are capable of WTFpwning with Cannons, but Torpedoes are largely over-looked.
Because torpedo boats take considerably more finesse and skill (and frankly, a good deal of luck) to use effectively. They're not the claymore mines of STO ship builds.

Quote:
You claim that players should not be able to insta-kill others, but with cannons that is more than possible, therefore your logic is flawed since players can already insta-kill each other.
You're hilariously confusing spike potential with one-shotting.

A single shot from a single DHC cannot, under any circumstances, kill another ship from 100% hull and shields.

With innate kinetic shield resist removed from the picture, correctly setup torpedo vessels can quite easily reach the kind of firepower necessary to kill, from full health and shields, another player in one shot, and if memory serves in regards to NPC health pools most non-battleship/dreadnought NPCs as well

Last edited by stirling191; 05-20-2013 at 12:27 PM.