View Single Post
Empire Veteran
# 22
05-20-2013, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha1369 View Post
Well that didn't take long.

My advice: grow up. If giving that one single console to the feds is SOOOO overpowering it will kill the entire KDF then it was too powerful to begin with and you are just selfishly trying to hold onto a console you are now openly admitting is OP. You know what will happen? Feds will spend millions putting this console on every ship they have, then complaining that is got secretly nerfed when it is not the I WIN button they believed it to be. I can think of one of my three feds who will actually use this console, a sci who could use the power.

And don't dismiss the Gas Sensor. This forum has been flooded with KDF complaints that the Roms will be giving the Feds too many cloaking ships and killing the KDF. Now you get something specifically designed to combat cloaked ships and you dismiss it out of hand? Every B'trel torpboat captain should put one of these on their ship and start slaughtering the Roms. Cruiser/carrier captains would be wise to have one too, loaded on a rear torp to counter alpha strikes.

Also back before the Dominion lockbox when I said everyone was overreacting when it was "rumored" it would include the PL? Yea, I take that back

First: If you do not use PL on every ship you own then you really need to think it over more clearly. It is a very notable edge. You are correct that it is not absolutely OP BUT it IS useful enough that you can hardly have a REAL Power Drain boat without it and the Aeceton assimilator (Yes, because they nerfed Science into the ground). Also, the added power boost it gives + MACO shields is an extremely useful combination for keeping your power levels high no matter what.

Second: LOL... That torp is such a waste. When I flew my B'rel I could take a single hit from that thing and against bigger ships like the 1K Day ship and all these Rom ships one torp to hull is NOT going to do the trick. My Bortasqu' got hit by it once and then just laughed and blew away the poor sap who pegged the Dragon with a Pea. I would NEVER waste a slot for this torp on any boat.

Also, if you cannot find a cloaker with more ease than this then you need to take a better look at your skills. You know Tractor Repulsers do not care if you are cloaked? They will MURDER incoming Alpha cloakers. There are a lot of AOE attacks similarly and you can HEAR the Alpha powering up. It is rather easy to survive an Alpha on a Carrier or Cruiser if you know what you are doing.