View Single Post
Ensign
# 10
05-21-2013, 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarathos1978 View Post
Not. If you could live whole year without STO, there is no reason to return to it and getting frustrated. The game is simply not worth it.

Getting new toon to the top with gear, reputation, ambassady stuff, getting DOFFs, lockbox ships... it is not worth it. If you are not addicted to Star Trek (STO being only modern ST game) then avoid it. I sadly am an ST addict so getting out of STO is pretty hard for me
Sadly I'm a bit of a ST addict... Luckily, I used to run wierd ship setups, that may never have been optimal for winning, but relied heavily on piloting skills. I guess these should not fare much worse now... afai remember, it was spam that turned PvP into PvE that ruined the fun for me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkfader1988 View Post
You only want to come back to PvP if you are accepting the fact that:

- Its a pay2win game now
- Wanna spend some money
- Want to grind for a month or possibly more to get all the reputation system passives
Hmm... I never believed much in maxing out gear, but rather on flexible tactics, but I fear not having a reputation will put me at a severe disadvantage... As for money, I spent so much before I left I already have the best ships i think. That tap, however, is closed, because of a forum related issue...

Quote:
If you are dedicated you can achieve a competitive play, if not you will end up whining, crying etc.
Isn't whining and crying supposed to be half the fun? No, wait... that's hearing the enemy whining and crying! :p Well, I'm about as dedicated a player as ever visited STO! True, not dedicated to success or winning... but to finding obscure and new ways of killing enemies.

Quote:
The game has turned and its all about spike these days, no more easy spacebar spamming play.
Spike? I think I have a tac in a dedicated tric-bomber build that would (sometimes) rock the battlefield back in the day... Has this build become less relevant? (Saw the latest patch notes. Tric mines give damage to self now? How about to allies? That would really spice up my world...)

Seriously,
The Dassem