View Single Post
Captain
# 578
05-21-2013, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xero328 View Post
Lifer since beta, spent a fortune on the game thus far, and was not able to tribbletest the romulan faction. I was not "chosen" this time, so i will probably lose out on the tribble prie that will be given out in a few months...So I will be complaining about that, as a collector.

Further, I bought the Legacy pack the first week it was out. Now they added a ship to it. So I have to buy it separately now? That is dirty pool. Oh, and since I am not able to test, I have no practical experience to use or any idea what to expect, except from watching vids and hearing about it secondhand. Not right, man...

Finally, the 6 hour wait is over...But I have been patching for awhile now. The first 1/2 hour, I got to 5%...Figured maybe it was my cpu, so I restarted from DOS. Nope. Been 1/2 hour again, and am at 5%. So this means I waited 6 hours and can wait the rest of today to PATCH, then maybe I can play. But wait, isn;t there another patch on Thursday? Great. I can wait some more then. And with all the issues in the past weeks, I think it's right to complain about this.

Brandon, devs, guys, try to remember what it was like before you were programmers...Pretend to be a lowly PLAYER for a minute or two, and sympathize with me. Would you be frustrated?
If I may ease some of your concerns.

The Tribble test reward simply required one hour of play on Tribble during that weekend. It did not require you to play as a Romulan as there was new content and systems for the Federation and Klingon players to test as well.

Secondly as they have repeatedly stated, if you bought the Legacy Pack, then you get everything in the Legacy pack. And the stuff they added after you bought it is also in the Legacy pack that you bought. Added stuff with no more problems for you.

Everything else....well that's just bloody patience. Pull up a chair with the rest of us, it looks like it's gonna be a wait comrade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nierion View Post
I think Cryptic need to invest some money into their servers because this is the worst launch I have seen for new content or any kind of content from a company. With the money and support that's backing them, there is just no reason this should be happening. I've got members in my fleet being told the servers are full.

Come on Cryptic, stop running more than one game on a server. Jeez.
Funny thing. I was watching and reading up on Microsoft's launch announcement of the Xbox One. Now one thing that jumped out at me. The Xbox 360's version of Xbox Live runs on 15,000 servers. Apparently, Xbox One is going to up the ante....to 300,000 servers. Talk about an upgrade. But it's also going to use the Cloud heavily so I guess it makes sense.
Yes I support This

"Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many they are few"