View Single Post
Lieutenant
# 38
05-25-2013, 07:46 PM
All I have to say is this...: KInetic damage, kinetic damage, kinetic damage... and a science officer with atleast a gravity well... (that means you need a team that does mostly kinetic damage; torpedoes, kinetic cutting beam, gravity well, tractor beam repulsors...)

Also when the CE goes into absorption mode, gtfo... (away from the entity...) for the ensuing blast WILL kill everything around it.

I have never done the CE before, because I just find it ridiculous that this creature can actually be beaten by mere torpedoes where as in the next generation it needed a specific soundwave pattern (or sonic signal or something) to shatter it...

I tried it a day or 2 ago with a fleetmate, and we beat it (cant tell if its normal or elite though...) because we teamed up and my fleetmate took charge...

I was a science officer in the wells with just 2 torpedoes (1 front, 1 back; chroniton), gravity well I and tractor beam repulsors III (Reman bridge officer). Oh and disruptor beams (2 dbb and 2 array's aft).
To be honest I felt kinda useless unless I had either my torpedoes ready that I could High Yield (II) into the thing or until my gravwell was good to go or my TBR was ready...

Anyway, kinetic damage...

I believe it was on normal by the way...

Last edited by m4tth3wk4n3; 05-25-2013 at 07:47 PM. Reason: whatever