Thread: T'varo Vs B'rel
View Single Post
Empire Veteran
# 28
05-27-2013, 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sethketa View Post
The problem may not be the fact that the T'varo is a superior ship than the B'rel with an Enhanced Battle Cloak, or that the T'varo is a superior Defiant Retrofit. The problem is that the T'varo is just the latest example of unrestricted power creep.

Star Trek Online will eventually reach a point where it will be unplayable with the ships that players have come to know and love. I know that my interest in the game is waning at a considerably faster pace than it did last year due to the unwillingness to properly balance the game.

Star Trek Online is quickly becoming a game that sacrifices gameplay, and actual sense, in the name of profit. Is that something we should be supporting? Or should we try to convince Cryptic that they're making a mistake before they bleed out more and more casual players that simply cannot keep up with purchasing more and more ships, while having their old purchases become obsolete and worthless?

EDIT: Also ask yourself a very important question. How long has Star Trek Online been out? Has Cryptic ever done a balance pass? Have they ever altered the stats on a ship to bring it in line with other ships? Or have they simply released new ships that are superior to the older ships? Is this a healthy business model? Is this a business model you want to support?
Well said, I am in the same boat where I am now just settling on a ship and running with it. I too have found it an endless battle to try and get the best out of a character due to this method that Cryptic has adopted. The game has really started to go downhill since season 6, some nice features have be added but only to benefit this greed tactic they have adopted making it harder and harder for casual and even serious gamers.

I have even decided not to do any more rep grind because of this. It's becoming too much of a job and a lot of the fun with this game is quickly disappearing because how Cryptic/PWE have turned this into a profit only game. No wonder they released the Romulans, it may work in the short-term but in the overall unless they change and return to their roots I can see it only prolonging the inevitable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macronius View Post
Cryptic is sloppy. Breaking News at 11. This is what happens when there is no outline or plan and you just make up **** as you go along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder75 View Post
We can tell our great grandchildren, "In my day, our cloaks were so sensitive that even dialogue broke them and we couldn't change our clothes!"