View Single Post
Career Officer
# 10
05-31-2013, 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
"A Brittle World" is finished. Maybe not "Complete" but finished. Events following it have to wait for "The Road to Ruin". Since ABW got the least comment of all the stories thus far, I kind of have to presume it's the one that bombed hardest.

The problem was probably a lack of detailing, which I ended up with due to having to scratch the itch while working to make up for being sick last week.
ABW had a fantastic buildup but I thought the ending was anti-climatic. I felt like K'Tirr's presence in the story was totally wasted. It seemed the only reason his crew was involved at all was so Mai could show off. I was a more than a little disappointed, because I think K'Tirr is a fascinating character on his own and I love your exploration of the Ferasan culture.

That said, Sa'ana, Wilson and everything that was happening on New Romulus were all extremely compelling. I think the story would have been stronger if you'd just focused on them, maybe with some flashbacks to the T'Geren conspiracy.

As far as "The Road" goes, I promise I'm working on it. In the last week or two a combination of factors have left me with too many ideas to try to write down (for this story and others) and not enough time to flesh out what I should be working on. I think I can have the whole thing wrapped up in a couple of weeks if my schedule cooperates, but don't hold me to that...

In the meantime, would you consider working up some backstories? I'm particularly interested in how K'Tirr earned his name and how Uminoe came to be Kicur's host.

"The Snowmenz Are Coming! The Snowmenz Are Coming!!"

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics