View Single Post
Captain
# 15
06-02-2013, 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
GOOD Bird of prey drivers do-because they have to, but it's a hell of a long walk from swapping out one sci boff for a Fedscort, and working around being seen-and-engaged at 10k while your shields are down and your weapons are offline.

which is what the EPTA bug does for the opposition. I've already started working up workarounds for losing the ability to move cloaked (because I don't think Cryptic's going to fix that anytime soon) have you started working around gaps in your bridge-officer lineup?
You see the problem is though, once epta gets fixed well be right back at "even using all the see things powers I can see the cloak until they're less then 3km away" way it was before the romulans came out.

I could really care less at this point because I fly a nebula that uses both consoles, heat seeking toros (which is own can of worms) and charged partial burst for my main anti cloak duties.
Yes I use epta, but unless I can decloak them the rest of the can't see them (unless they have epta themselves)

Sure, I can shoot them while seeing them but if its regular cloak it just decloaks them and puts their shields up. If its battle cloak it won't, but then if they're just gonna sit there after I spotted them that's their fault.

Introducing so many new cloaking ships for the fed side was a mistake.

As I said, epta may be working wrong now, but te way it used to work (only adding 1%) was way too little a boost considering how easy it is now for ships to get "perfect" cloaks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mancom View Post
Frankly, I think the only sound advice that one can give new players at this time is to stay away from PVP in STO.
Science pvp at its best-http://www.youtube.com/user/matteo716
Do you even Science Bro?