View Single Post
Rihannsu
# 3
06-03-2013, 12:45 PM
You're right about the Int/Ext Nukara missions. Those are nice and easy/quick if you have a decent group. It's too bad those are Dailies and can only be run once every 20 hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fudgeoflife View Post
You can also get Marks from many other STFs...
There are no STFs that offer Nukara Marks. All STFs only offer Omega Marks.

I'll rant a bit and say it's terribly unbalanced how many more Omega Marks you get from STFs vs. similar time spent grinding other Marks (Romulan, Nukara, or otherwise). I can spend 30mins doing a Romulan Tau Dewa Patrol Daily and only get 60 Rommarks and a pile of vendor trash for ECs. I spend the same 30mins (with the right group, much less time) running 3x Space ESTFs, I'll pull in 225+ Ommarks (and get near 3k dilithium, 3-33x BNPs (usable for gear/more dil), and a similar pile of EC vendor-ables), and the ESTFs are no where near as tedious as that Romlan Daily, and I can repeat the Omega runs every hour.

Anyway, back to Nukara Marks: You can run the Normal Crystalline Catastrophe, too. That'll run about 15mins and get you 25 Marks and 480 Dil. This is nice and "easy" (if unbalanced on the payout, see above), and I run this often (up to once an hour). As soon as they rollout the bugfix for the Elite CE's Regen, I expect I'll run that and get (I think it is) 60 Nukara Marks and more (960?) Dil in roughly the same time.

I spent a little over an hour the other day, during a Marks Event: I started with CE Normal, then spent time running around Nukara doing the two Hards, and repeating a ton of Easy/Mediums (I lost count), then finished with another CE. I got close to 200 Nukara Marks. That was decent.

One note about the Easy/Mediums on Nukara: Whenever I bother with the E/Ms, I set aside at least 20-30mins for just those. I gather up all available green/yellow and "purple" missions. The latter is usually something like "Clearing the Herd" (can't remember the exact name) and basically awards you 10 (?) Marks for killing 50x Tholians. Which you'll end up doing anyway while you complete all the other stuff. So I spend that time just running around doing all the missions at the same time: Clicking on whatever I can, in-between killing Tholians. I report to base after I've completed a couple (or each time I complete the "Kill Tholian" mission) to re-start them. It adds up, and even without a Mark Event, can get you dozens of Marks and vendor trash (alas, no dilithium).

Still not as profitable (mark/dil) as STFs, but if you want to progress through the Rep system, it's a good way to do it.

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.