View Single Post
Former PWE Community Team Lead
# 53
06-10-2013, 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by donutsmasher View Post
Hello Brandon.

Might I suggest The Hogs Head public house which is in Londons Leicester Square. I have been to other game meets at this location (back when I used to play EVE Online) and I know that the landlord is very welcoming of large groups of people as there is a large upstairs section that can easily hold 100+ people.

The food is good and both that and the drinks are all reasonably (for central London at any rate) priced. The atmosphere is good and the location is easily reached by all forms of transport, not to mention the big cinema nearby and bountiful supply of smaller shops and restaurants in the immediate area.

Enjoy your time there and also, will there at any point be an official meet taking place in Munich, Germany as I am moving there in 10 days time and will not be able to attend any of the UK meets.
Thanks for the suggestion! I'll add that to the list of potential spots.

There is a VERY, and I mean very, small chance that there will be an additional meet-up in Germany, but it would be in Berlin if there was one. I am waiting to hear back from a friend in Frankfurt I am going to be visiting, but if I do go there, I wouldn't be able to do a meet-up due to conflicting plans. If they are not available for my visit, the small chance I am referring to is a trip to Berlin with the German STO Community Manager. But, that's really all dependent on my Frankfurt plans, and even then, I'm not sure if we'd be able to get a good enough deal to get out there. I probably shouldn't even post this as I don't want to get hopes up

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Brandon "BranFlakes" Felczer | Former Community Team Lead for Perfect World Entertainment