View Single Post
Captain
# 3
06-10-2013, 12:44 PM
Get an Overcharged Warp Core with [A->W], that will help with your rear turrets and Cutting Beam if you get one.

I'm still playing with weapon loadout post-LoR(slowly thanks to mostly leveling my Rom) but currently running 130 Aux power with the above Core which nets me around 55 Weapon power with it set at 25 . Decent enough to power 2x phaser turrets and the Cutting Beam. With the new lower minimums you could drop engine power down to 15 setting and grab another 10 to put into weapons if you're willing to drop that down, without hurting your survivability much.

Edit:
Oh yeah,almost forgot the other big recent change, Feds can now get Plasmonic Leech via a cross-console pack (search 'Reward Packs' for 'Leech' on the Exchange). This is another huge help on the Vesta, as your weapon power will actually go up as you fire (at least it does with maxed Flow Caps skill) with Aux cannons fore. It also nearly maxes out all of my power levels when I fire the QFFP deflector Phaser.

As far as the Cutting Beam itself, I find it a nice source of kinetic damage that I'd normally lack with having 3x Aux cannons fore, even though I have none of the other pieces of the set.

Last edited by tom61sto; 06-10-2013 at 01:07 PM.