View Single Post
Ensign
# 362 thanks doh123 :)
06-15-2013, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealdoh123 View Post
I have no clue what you are talking about... They made graphical changes to the game that caused issues. Sure it used to work better, but now some bugs in the drivers are more apparent. what does divx have to do with anything? 1.5.1 is still using X11, and not the native windowing system. As far as the game, its all Directx9, if that is what you are talking about. DirectX 11 and X11 is not the same thing, or even related. XQuartz is X11. I think you may be talking about dx9 and dx11... which has nothing to do with anything since DX11 will not run with Wine at all right now, so its still running DX9.

maybe... depends on your machine. Theoretically games will always run better with Wineskin than with Parallels. Parallels has to emulate an entire computer system, then run a whole OS... but they have done a very good job making it run good, and it can actually run many games very well, but it often comes down to the hardware you are using.
Thanks doh123 for clearing up some confusing things for me! asches1 was giving advice and said you sent him your graphics prefix file? if i could get a copy it would be most helpful if it helped his 10.6.8 mac to run the graphics properly, i wouldnt know where to install it within wine i guess myrddinwooding@googlemail.com if you could send it doh123 i'd be most grateful!

thanks again, myrddin