View Single Post
Career Officer
# 545
06-17-2013, 05:29 AM
Greetings!

I would like to add some feedback to this thread.

On the 16th of May my account was compromised (as were many other people's accounts). After some researching and securing of stuff, I have come to the conclusion this happened because I was sadly using a very old password for this account combined with what I find to be the extremely insecure email and password change system of PWE. The email I received about my email address being changed did not ask for any type of verification. The deed had been done and there was nothing I could do, except for simply emailing the support address. Still, these things happen.

However, it took 7 days for me to get my account back after which I found I had lost a lot of Zen (I cannot remember exactly, but I think it was over 1500), about 60 million EC and between 100,000 and 200,000 dilithium on my main character, I am not sure about any numbers on my other characters. I made another ticket to get these items restored.

In the meantime one of my fellow fleet members told me not to play too much, as the usual solution to something like this would be a roll back of my account.

After 2 weeks I started playing a bit again and sent another email and support ticket, since I found it was taking very long, especially considering I am a paying customer of this game (I have a Lifetime subscription). Last week I finally received an email in which I was told rolling back was tricky and I might lose a lot of things. I agreed with it, reluctantly, since I haven't been able to get back to the same level anyway. Also, they asked me which character it concerned, even though the issue is account wide, I don't know why that was.

Now it has been another 3 to 4 days. I have to say I am very disappointed in the way I have been kept waiting as well as all the automated replies I have received which had nothing to do with my issue.

For someone who has spent a few hundred euros on this game I expected my issue to be dealt with more swiftly and from what I can see also quite a lot more effectively.

I hope this feedback will help others as well as myself, as I would like to continue playing this game very much, but with support like this that is simply not possible at the moment.

Last edited by renatusp; 06-17-2013 at 05:39 AM. Reason: Grammar, etc.