View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 17
12-10-2009, 11:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Usagi7 View Post
I, too, am also getting more concerned that the focus of trailers has been space combat... as if that's all the game will be about. I'm further concerned there is lack of a focus on lore, but more on action. I agree with some other posters-the narration isn't the most compelling thing in the world and the trailer is more of a light show than anything else. Though the one spot where the ship fires like 20 photon torpedoes was admittedly pretty cool.

"It's hard to believe we were allies 10 years ago"... I find it honestly harder to believe that all Starfleet does is fight. meh. Oh well.

I hope the uniforms could conform to Trek threads more down the road. Oh well.
I have a feeling that there is indeed a lot more to the game, however putting "exploration" in a trailer may be seen as boring/unattractive to the non-Trekkies. A lot of us who have been involved or obsessed with ST for the past couple decades may appreciate the exploration/diplomacy edge of it a lot more than the casual fan. Since this game is targeting a very wide, disparate audience, I wouldn't be too surprised at the number of combat-oriented (and substance-lacking) trailers. I still have hope that there will be a lot more content revealed in the weeks leading up to X-mas, because I'm still on the fence about pre-ordering and that would definitely nudge me in the right direction.

I agree...I was thinking TNG-era or the updated 2370s uniforms seen in First Contact.