View Single Post
Commander
# 2
06-19-2013, 10:23 AM
I really enjoyed it too; I didn't find the side-quests all that compelling, though the random encounters are a fun twist.

The story missions though are a real highlight, as it's good to see more original content rather than references to TV episodes. I actually did find the ground combat fun, though when I did the trench run to the comms array I found there weren't enough data modules or whatever it is you need to reprogram the computer at the end, because there were other players going through at the same time. I think more of the Gorn should have dropped them, or more groups should rush in if the trench is empty, as the groups that were there took quite a while to re-spawn, which meant I had to wait a while before I could get the last data thing.

But yeah, it was overall very fun. I'd also love to see that bar near the end as a social zone, as while Paradise was fine as a story location I don't really feel particularly drawn towards going back there. But a seedy pit-fighting bar could be awesome; I wouldn't mind a random bar-brawl event where violence just erupts until the patrons are knocked out (to recover shortly after they're all down).