View Single Post
Rihannsu
# 52
06-22-2013, 04:12 PM
I tried and this failed for me.

I gave my away team the nanopulse and C-Store Lirpas and Batleths I had on hand in my bank (with the intent to spend resources to get more/better melee weapons if the test went well) and did the Nimbus III dailies. It was horrible. For the most part my BOffs just struck a semi-hunched-over "attack pose" with their weapons drawn - but they hardly ever engaged. They just stood there. Only if an enemy came REALLY close did they even bother to attack, or they occasionally initiated one of their "kit" abilities. Mostly they just posed and if they did anything else it was with such lack of speed that I ended up having to kill all the bad guys myself.

Frustrated, I gave them their guns back, and they returned to mowing down their foes as if nothing happened. Needless to say, I was very disappointed.

I do plan to give this another try using fresh BOffs with Melee traits and abilities (lunge, etc.) and perhaps some swords instead of lirpas and batleths...

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Original Join Date: Feb 2010.
Need Help with Ship's Power? Check out my Ship Power Guide and Calculator.