View Single Post
Lt. Commander
# 165
06-24-2013, 06:10 AM
It's clear you don't have many knowledge on games and the recent trends, such as that of the companion apps: that is Gateway, STO's companion app.

Just like I explained above in case you didn't know, it serves the purpose to let people to keep in touch with the game in some way all day.

This make you more attached to the game, thus even more impatient to log in. It is basically the mechanism of addiction.

Also is useful to manage UI systems in the spare minutes, so you can concentrate on the real game while connecting.

It's not I don't like doffing - I am a big supporter, it's one of my favourite features - but honestly the game, like any action game, is MUCH more than surfing menus.

It will be a great enhancement if we can do our doffing also via our smartphones, so that we can finally kick asses while playing the full client.

However, point is not majority vs minority (even if this is what market is all about, providing offer to the popular domand).

Point is coexistence.

If you simply don't like the idea, OK. You're free not to. You're also free not to use it.

But why did you "frankly hoped" it would be taked away from those who want (and that are also the vast majority, by case)?

As I said:

Quote:
Don't wanna use doff via gateway? Then don't do it. But why you want to keep people from doing it?

Most of us frankly hope the entire UI-controlled systems - Exchange etc - are also available through the Gateway.
About the rest, please bring back doff system alive as it was prior to dilithium extortion on academy services.