View Single Post
Captain
# 166
06-24-2013, 02:07 PM
I appreciate the point of view and I'm not disputing those points. As you say Gateway is a compliment to STO. I'm saying it should not replace any part of it. Putting the entire DOff system into Gateway is replacing that part of the online gaming experience.

Consider the current Fleet Holdings in Gateway: I can contribute to the holdings *if* I have the components to contribute. But I cannot use the replicator. I can't open a lockbox for Duty Officer packs that I'll just meat-grind into projects. I also cannot select projects from Gateway, even though I have the capability in my Fleet in the game itself. The current Fleet Holdings in Gateway is a very good compliment to the game without replacing it.

So ... frankly ... my initial suggestion (not having the DOff system in Gateway) may have been too extreme. I apologize if that caused anyone any undue stress. Something should be in Gateway about DOffs, that I agree with 100% now. And it should compliment the actual game. But complimenting should not mean substituting or replacing. And that is just my opinion on the matter.
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene