View Single Post
Starfleet Veteran
# 12 Therapy
06-26-2013, 10:54 AM
?So tell me what happened Admir-, sorry, captain? The female Trill said, as she shifted her blue uniform and sat in her plaid patterned chair.
?Well?I suppose the best place to start is the beginning?
My first officer and I were on a training assignment with the new captain of the Danube. She had just been commissioned and we were to train her senior staff. We left the Artemis, with Eight in command, and were onboard the Danube about two days when an Orion battleship dropped out of nowhere and began attacking the ship. Being a light frigate, the Danube didn?t have enough firepower alone to destroy the Orion?s ship, but we managed to disable their weapons and they fled. However, unknown to us, they had scored a crucial hit on our plasma injectors causing the warp core to overload minutes later, that?s where it got?strange.?
*Computer Voice: Warp core breach in two minutes, forty-five seconds*
?This is the captain, all hands to escape pods, abandon ship!!?

The bridge shakes violently, throwing Captain Foley off his feet and causing consoles all over the bridge to explode, throwing sparks and fiber cables everywhere. As Ryan starts to get up he sees the captain of the Danube slumped dead in his chair, metal sticking into his chest.

*Computer Voice: Warp core breach in one minute, twenty seconds*
As Ryan heads to the last escape pod on the bridge, he is hit in the head and falls to the floor unconscious.
~~~~
?Wow, that sounds like it was intense Ryan, then what happened?? The Trill asks Ryan.
?Well??
~~~~
Ryan slowly opens his eyes, blinking rapidly as a rush of pain forces him to grab his head, but it feels wet. He looks at his hand and it has some blood on it.

?Leave it alone sir. You?ll make it worse. I haven?t fixed you a permanent bandage yet, this escape pod is being?difficult.?
Foley looks up to see his first officer pressing on the lone keypad in the pod.
?Toz, what?.how did I end up in here with you??
?Well, that?s no way to talk to your rescuer? she replies with a slight smile. ?After making sure that engineering was cleared, I headed to the bridge. By the time I made it, I saw Captain F?raK dead, and you were out on the floor bleeding. I picked you up and got us to the escape pod on the bridge. And here we are, three hours later.? Tozra tells Ryan.
?Well, I guess I owe you one?.more? Ryan replies to her with a slight laugh then a groan as he starts to grab his head again. Tozra slaps his hand. ?Next time you touch it, you better be dying or I will make sure you wish you were?sir? They both laugh.
?Honestly Toz, thank you. I know I have said it before, but you are without a doubt the finest first officer I have had, and don?t let Eight know that or she?d be crushed. You will make a fine captain someday.? Ryan says.
~~~~
?Well captain, it sounds like you and your executive officer have an understanding. Has it always been this way? The Trill asks.
?Absolutely not. When she first came on board, her Andorian temper would get the best of her more often than not. But I could see so much raw potential that I had to keep trying.? Foley replies.
?I see? the Trill makes notes on her PADD. ?Please go on with the mission?
Ryan takes a drink of water and proceeds
~~~~
?I can?t believe that the medkit got destroyed somehow.? Tozra says as she tears a piece of her undershirt to finish wrapping Foley?s head.

?Toz, that is a violation of Starfleet?s uniform code. I may have to report you? Ryan says with a laugh.
?And I may have to let you bleed? She says back laughing too.
?How long has it been sir??
?Oh only thirty-eight hours, give or take.?
?No, since Vega.? Toz looks at Ryan with a seriousness he?s rarely seen.
?Well?? Ryan sighs heavily. ??not long enough. The fact I am where I am already is purely luck. I seem to be lucky with many things, but that day?takes the cake. I would gladly give up what I have to have Captain Stevens back, to have all of them back. Taking command of a ship as a fresh ensign is, hard. The Borg did not care, did not want to talk. I knew of their brutality and lifelessness but to experience it first hand was terrifying?.? As Ryan looked up he saw something he had never seen before, serious concern. Tozra had never shown it in her eyes before.
?Captain, I have to confess something to you. This is something that isn?t easy to say, and I don?t take it lightly. I don?t just see you as my commanding officer, I see you as a friend.? Tozra chokes as she says it, clearly making herself say it.
Ryan hesitates for a second, clearly unprepared for a statement like this.
?Toz, first off, I know that was difficult knowing you. Second, as a captain, I can?t do my job without your support. The way I see it, you have always been trustworthy, loyal, and open with me. You have trusted me with my orders and if you did have a concern, you were respectful enough to talk to me in private. You have always been a trusted friend to me.? Ryan says back.
Overwhelmed with relief, Tozra extends her hand out to shake Ryan?s.
Ryan reciprocates and they laugh.
About an hour and a half later a ship shows up and the pods are rescued. After arriving at Starbase 57, Foley, along with everyone else is ordered to go through a counseling session. Like all captain?s he is hesitant and finds the whole ordeal pointless.
??and that?s where we are now.? Ryan says finishing his story.

The Trill woman sits there for a moment and then looks up at Ryan.
?First off, you?re the first captain to open up to me in a long time.?
Ryan immediately grows a look of concern

?Don?t worry, I won?t tell anyone that? she chuckles. ?But most importantly, I think we got to the root of a problem and found strength. You can?t forgive yourself for what happened to your command officers at Vega, and you can trust others for strength. I would like to request you make it back here at least once a month. I will put it into writing and command will approve it, so it?s more of an order.? The Trill smiles.

?Actually, if that?s the case, I have a better idea.? Foley rebuttals.
?Lt. Commander Hita reporting sir.? the Trill says as she steps onto the bridge of the Artemis.
?Welcome aboard counselor.? Foley says.

-may have to edit due to quotations-