View Single Post
Captain
# 17
06-29-2013, 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
Well that answers the question but it's not really in the spirit of the question.

My fault for not being specific enough.

Rep is a type of character progress, but rather than gain levels and progress "up" you tend to progress more sideways. (I'm sure some MMO Thesis writer has better terms for this).

So in effect, you are actually answering my question by saying "I will not progress or advance my X amount of characters, only 1".

These means you are purposefully not advancing them, likely because the task is too tedious, time consuming or perhaps just not interesting/motivating enough to do so - although I'd rather you tell me yourself why you're not doing it than speculating.
Fair enough

I ehm, I'd say it's a combination of the task being tedious and not interesting enough. It's not the time-consuming thing per se, but the fact that you need to do the same things again and again, just to be able to do some administrative work - input things by slider in order to see some bars move.

If I want to get ingame benefits by doing tedious repetitive stuff, I'd work for an additional 1 or 2 hours a week and convert the money from that to Zen/dil
That way I'd get much more bang for my buck/time, too.

In terms of games, I'm mostly in it for the fun and gaming experience. If it stops being fun and/or starts becoming administrative work, I quickly lose interest. Hence, I tend to repeat some story missions once in a while, do some events I like, sometimes, and play pvp matches.

Last edited by twam; 06-29-2013 at 03:40 AM.