View Single Post
Captain
# 87
06-29-2013, 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulberat View Post
I agree that the Cardassians do have a serious social sickness. That said, I do not believe all Cardassians have fallen to it, and that they are capable of becoming and doing better. That's why I tend to write good Cardassians...not because I am ignoring their past, but because I think there are decent people among them (such as Tekeny Ghemor, in the show).
Inevitably, there ARE good people among the Cardassians, but the vibe I always got off the show was that the 'old style' Cardies were pretty nasty customers, with their worst/cruelest/nastiest elements running the "Labor camps".

Even within their Military Regime, there were likely Cardassians of Honour and Integrity, compassion, and kindness-decent folks-but you wouldn't FIND such men in the Camps. (Well, Maritza, maybe...)

and the time period was a rough one. But like I said, I had to cut a LOT of material to tighten this up and make it readable without a barf-bag.

(at least, readable to ME without a barf-bag.)

Apologies for how it translated from notepad to forum post, by the way. I think my 'next' freestyle challenge will address Orions again. There is a direction (more fascinating than horrifying) I want to go with D'Moj.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."

Look into Vanilla PvP if you're tired of the endless pursuit of grind, utterly unbalanced selections of geardo-inspired traits, and generally unbalanced and careless 'development' made mostly to turn this game into a second job.