View Single Post
Captain
# 87
06-30-2013, 12:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gulberat View Post
I agree that the Cardassians do have a serious social sickness. That said, I do not believe all Cardassians have fallen to it, and that they are capable of becoming and doing better. That's why I tend to write good Cardassians...not because I am ignoring their past, but because I think there are decent people among them (such as Tekeny Ghemor, in the show).
Inevitably, there ARE good people among the Cardassians, but the vibe I always got off the show was that the 'old style' Cardies were pretty nasty customers, with their worst/cruelest/nastiest elements running the "Labor camps".

Even within their Military Regime, there were likely Cardassians of Honour and Integrity, compassion, and kindness-decent folks-but you wouldn't FIND such men in the Camps. (Well, Maritza, maybe...)

and the time period was a rough one. But like I said, I had to cut a LOT of material to tighten this up and make it readable without a barf-bag.

(at least, readable to ME without a barf-bag.)

Apologies for how it translated from notepad to forum post, by the way. I think my 'next' freestyle challenge will address Orions again. There is a direction (more fascinating than horrifying) I want to go with D'Moj.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."

I play KDF, because being a genocidal maniac works better with Klingons, than explaining it as a member of Starfleet.