View Single Post
Captain
# 19
07-01-2013, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ussultimatum View Post
I have to agree.

I don't play ground, and I can't really say specifically that X is or is not overpowered.

On the other hand items and powers should at least be reviewed regularly to see if they are over or under performing.

While there is no clear direct example, and space =/= ground mechanics at all (lower comparative HP values, differences in cross healing or taking cover, etc).

What if an APA DOFF existed that changed APA from +50% damage to +400% damage but all damage is dealt direct to hull and over 9s?

That certainly sounds potentially problematic to me.
One big difference between attack pattern alpha and ambush is that ambush has a 13 second cooldown under tactical initiative (1 minute without it). Which means unlike APA, this ability can be reused over and over and over in a very short period of time. A more accurate example would be a Beam Overload III with +300% more damage, ignores shields, and is dealt as a DoT over 9 seconds. In addition, all attacks dealt during the beam overload fire cycle also get the same treatment, DoT dealt over 9 seconds while ignoring shields.