Block the emote spam!!!!
View Single Post
Join Date: Jun 2012
07-01-2013, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by
Has anyone looked at the actual local settings file to see if you can copy a line over to disable emotes?
!!! WINNER !!!
This work-around is for characters who have emote messages enabled and want to disable them, but cannot due to the option missing in the UI post LoR. If you already have emote chat disabled, then carry on. Otherwise, you can import your HUD/UI settings from your favorite character, modify the file using the instructions below, and load it to any/ all your characters. Enjoy!
* In-game, press Escape, go to Options > HUD, and click "Save UI"
* Find your
file in your STO files.
If using Steam, this will be under "
(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\star trek online\Star Trek Online\Live
If using the regular launch, this should be under "
C:\Program Files (x86)\Cryptic\star trek online\Star Trek Online\Live
* Open the
file with Notepad, Wordpad, or any other text editor.
* Use the Find function (typically F3) to find the name of the Chat tab you want to edit.
* In the settings for the tab, you'll see the line "MessageTypeFilterMode Exclusive". Underneath are names of channels you DON'T want to see in the tab; e.i.: "MessageType NPC".
* Add the following line: "
** Tired of Dabo messages too? Then also add the following line: "
* Save the file and exit your text editing program.
* In-game, press Escape, go to Options > HUD, and click "Load UI"
I don't care how long you've been playing. I only care about how you play.
And remember to follow the
Last edited by obsidiusrex; 07-01-2013 at