Block the emote spam!!!!
View Single Post
Join Date: Apr 2013
07-01-2013, 12:45 PM
Yeah it doesnt matter if your characters been around since launch or brand new (I have a new Rom, and two characters that I made in the early days), all of them are plagued with emote chat spam.
The emote check box needs to be put back into the UI. I don't know if it was intentional or just a mistake, but it needs to be fixed.
Originally Posted by
!!! WINNER !!!
* In-game, press Escape, go to Options > HUD, and click "Save UI"
* Find your
file in your STO files.
If using Steam, this will be under "
(x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\star trek online\Star Trek Online\Live
If using the regular launch, this should be under "
C:\Program Files (x86)\Cryptic\star trek online\Star Trek Online\Live
* Open the
file with Notepad, Wordpad, or any other text editor.
* Use the Find function (typically F3) to fins the name of the Chat tab you want to edit.
* In the settings for the tab, you'll see the line "MessageTypeFilterMode Exclusive". Underneath are names of channels you DON'T want to see in the tab, followed by some MessageType lines.
* Add the following line: "
* Save the file and exit your text editing program.
* In-game, press Escape, go to Options > HUD, and click "Load UI"
YOU, are a genious, thank you for this!! <3
Last edited by foxspirit13; 07-01-2013 at