View Single Post
Rihannsu
# 85
07-01-2013, 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yokto View Post
I have never been a fan of the Scimitar. I have always though the design was very lazy and ugly. I am happy to hear that there will be 3 variation of the ship however giving us room to kitbash something that we like. Especially since i would like to have a Warbird carrier.

However the variations look almost identical to the base Scimitar judging form the pictures. And that worries me. Why customization your ship if it identical to the base? I hope I am wrong and the ships will have distinct style. I know that some of the ships I find the ugliest in the game as base ships turn out to be some of the best looking once after you get to play around with the customization.
The body of the ship, while large enough to support a hangar of 1500 (one five zero zero) Scorpion fighters, would not be big enough to provide the base support and separation needed for the Thalaron emitters let alone the 52 disruptor banks. That's where the wings come in. They provide the separation and support for all of these weapons systems.

Now where's the details promised us?