View Single Post
Ensign
# 63
07-09-2013, 07:01 AM
I greatly enjoyed, "The Sky Above, The Clouds Below" (I don't see it listed here strangely, I did see it on the forums somewhere). It may have been before they turned reviews back on. It captured (as close as an MMO mission can) the feel of playing in my own Star Trek episode and it really felt like Star Trek to me, rather than generic space MMO with Star Trek ships. A well done mission.

Do note that it does a lot of story telling away from your ship and captain by beaming you to the surface. The effect was a little jarring at first (I wasn't sure if my captain was actually there or if I, the player, was observing other events- it turned out it was the latter). Once I figured it out, I actually was interested in the NPCs and what happened, always a good sign of a good story.

Lastly, I have to say that the quality of the missions I've tried has been great. I've had fun in all of them. I'm a relative newcomer to STO, but I played City of Heroes when they first released their editor (may it rest in peace) and the quality here is as good if not a little better. Yes there are farms, but I find a lot of good little story missions and I really appreciate the effort that went into them. So, thanks!