Thread: Nukara passives
View Single Post
Captain
# 25
07-11-2013, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterkeychnk5 View Post
Plasmonic is not such a game changer in such that you pretty much 'need' it to counter it from someone else shooting at ya.

Assuming all use it, or even just a few, they shoot at ya and you need plasominc urself to counter the loss in power, so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
A properly specced Power Insulators skill will completely protect one from being leeched. Leech was changed last year to be easily countered this way.

Funny thought though, if the Leech is not a game changer/OP then why did the feds complain so loudly to get it?

The only real choice of wether to go for the Nukara passives is to keep abreast of Power Creep in the game and /or to further a build idea one may be working on a specific toon.
What bitemepwe said. Leech's drain can be gimped by Power Insulators. Leech was never a problem for me when KDF was using it against me. I believe drains are pretty much resisted by 50% without any points in Power Insulators (at least, that was the case for Aceton Assimilators....I seem to recall it being the same for Leech). Maxed PI, and it gets lowered even more (by another 50% of what's left).

What makes Leech great is the bonus to your power levels. Which is why, if you really wanted to, you can get Aux and Weapons to high levels. This can be done on pretty much any ship now. But the new AMP warp cores make it beneficial for you to have all of your power levels at above 75. 13.2% can almost be considered having an additional tactical console (albeit a low level, low rarity one).