View Single Post
Survivor of Romulus
# 5 Try a better shuttle?
07-14-2013, 09:49 AM
I know what the OP means, I didn't like this one much at first, and in general I dislike shuttle missions (running the vault episode on elite made me want to poke my eyes out).

After using a runabout for forever, I decided on a whim to grab a peregrine fighter during the ship sale. All I can say is that atmosphere assault is a whole new ballgame now. Fast and maneuverable, with dual cannons and built in rapid fire, this baby is fun to fly. After being used to watching ships whiz around my runabout ad naseum, it is quite gratifying to be able to chase down any target I want.

That being said, I've had some good teams that romped through assault and hit all the optionals, and teams where it was a grind just to finish. What's most important is the team sticking together and not taking on a walker and full fighter squadron by yourself.

I hate to say "just buy a c store shuttle", but they are only 500 zen and, for me, it is the difference between hating shuttle missions and actually being excited for them. I can't speak for the delta flyer or any of the others, but I love my peregrine.