View Single Post
Captain
# 48
07-15-2013, 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yreodred View Post

Other that that i find the very idea about Carrier ships in Trek pretty lame and completely out of place.
This a thousand times But that ship has sailed, Cryptic decided that their STO universe has carriers and they are even considered the most advanced form of space warfare there is

I mean if you think about it, pretty much EVERY ship in Trek is a "carrier" as they carry 5-20 or more shuttlecraft. These shuttlecraft don't sound cool or military like starfighters do but are actually far more advanced than sub-warp "fighters" and could serve the roll of auxilliary craft well. I'd like to launch a runabout from my Galaxy or some "attack shuttles" from my Vor'Cha to distract/disable/board the enemy. But all those little starfighters never made much sense to me in a world where the starships are 360 degree shielded, armed with continously firing energy beams, tractor beams, distortion fields, warp drives etc. etc.
-> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- -> Click if you prefer the old forum design! <-
-----------------------------------------------------------------
"No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh