Thread: Downloading Arc
View Single Post
Commander
# 13
07-16-2013, 01:37 PM
I am asking you please, please, please DON'T make this mandatory (on this note, are you informing new players that they will be downloading invasive software to download/play the game?). I know I am just one person and my opinion may not count for much, but I really don't want to leave this game. I have a lot of time, effort and money invested in my characters, and I really love STO. But if I have to use invasive software like arc, steam, raptr or whatever to launch/play the game I'll be gone in a shot. And I know I'm not the only one. This is not going to make anything "better" for me. STO is the only game I play so I don't need easy access to all pwe games. If I need to communicate with anyone I do it in game. The regular launcher is fine. If you want to implement this, fine, do so, just PLEASE DON"T make it mandatory.

By the way, I will be getting enough money soon for a lifetime subscription. I would like to know if this is going to be forced on us BEFORE I purchase it, so could you please just tell us flat out if you are going to be requiring arc or not, just a simple yes or no please. Thank you.
There's no dork like an old school dork. You just can't beat experience.