View Single Post
Captain
# 2
07-17-2013, 01:08 AM
Understandable reaction on your part, and hopefully people like you come back IF things ever get better.

For some odd reason, and all this is subjective observation on my part, the number of fleetmades/premades/pugmades in FvF, at least, has shot up immensely since LoR came out. Now, while this may be a good thing in that there is more organisation going on, it also means that casual players are getting squeezed out.

I'm not saying that PvP should cater to the casual player as a whole. I'm just saying that there should be some method by which casual players can have some fun away from more competitive players. Yes, I know teamwork is great to have and is something people should work towards, but there should be some space for those who just want to jump in for 15 minutes, no-fuss, and just indulge in mindless ship combat mayhem.

I show up fairly regularly in OPvP, and it's a great place to chat, speculate and theorycraft. However, I find myself being less-and-less inclined to actually PvP. If I do, it's usually because I have PvP dailies to complete, or just popping into Kerrat.

Actually, I would think that Kerrat-style warzones would be the perfect environment for the casual player, if it wasn't so bugged and unevenly distributed. Anyone can just jump in or jump out at a moment's notice, and dive into a huge furball.
PvP-ready toons: Ishmael - Betazoid Sci - Vesta - U.S.S. Yukikaze - The unsinkable destroyer - T'Scurr - Romulan Tac - Mogai - I.R.W. Archer - Countervape overwatch - Ffairl - Romulan Sci - T'Varo - R.R.W. Yuudachi - The nightmare of Solomon

Take it easy!