View Single Post
Survivor of Romulus
# 15
07-19-2013, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugdaddy View Post
All great works of art must go through transitions, especially if they remain relevant to future generations. For example, the movie adaptations of famous comic books must change to meet the challenges of the different medium of film even if that pisses off the canon-loving fans. Remakes of "classic" movies serve to refresh their place in our culture. As bad as some of them were, Star Wars I, II, and III brought that universe back into cultural prominence for a new generation. Roddenberry created the legacy, but to remain a vital and living part of culture Star Trek is going to change. To not change is to stagnate and become irrelevant.

My point is: Star Trek is changing and growing and we are part of it. I think that's awesome.

Disney, a monolithic media company, now owns Star Wars and will be making new creations with it. As STO players, I hope our decisions will have some influence on how Star Trek continues to develop in the future.
Very well said.

For example: I grew up with the TNMT. I loved that typical 80s cartoon/super hero stuff. But this would never work these days for "this" generation of kids.

Did any of you (maybe with your kids) watch the new interpretation made by Nickelodeon?

Yes, it's so different from the so called classic show. But the new series is very well made and refreshing and a lot of fun to watch! Different to what I grew up with but very good for these ages target audience.

In my opinion it's close to Star Trek. TOS was a child of "it's" TV Generation as well as TNG, DS9, Voyager and Enterprise were.

And the JJ Movies are as well.

Personally I think it's better to see/watch a "different" new Star Trek movie than no new Star Trek movie.

But that's just my opinion.

:-)

Greetings
Nahari
http://www.directupload.net/index.php?mode=upload