View Single Post
Rihannsu
# 2
07-30-2013, 03:34 AM
First the Jem'Hadar Dreadnought Carrier is no healer but fully optimised to damage, even with just using beams. Main weakness is that the ship is lacking boffs for sufficient healing. For shield healing i recommend to use EPtS1 with RSP2 when using A2b setup. Als use hazard emitters.

I own the ship myself and i have no problems with low aux, yes the CD timer to launch fighters again is higher, but is more then sufficient if you use the right fighters. In any case make use of very rare or ultra rare(elite) carrier pets such as elite scorpions or (reinforced) shield repair units.

To get more juice into aux you will have to invest in the correct skills like warpcore efficiency, make use of Saurian boffs with efficient trait, plasmoic leech/transwarp computer console and a (overcharged) warp core preffered with (Batt or EFF), A->W. The transwarp computer is from the advanced heavy cruiser(not retrofit) and gives 22% in warpcore efficiency skill and therefore a hidden gem if you dont have access to plasmoic leech console(before LoR impossibe for FED players). The plasmoic leech console is for sale on exchange but expensive though. BTW this an advise for all A2B setups for any ship capable of dual a2b.

this how i'm running the dread: http://www.stoacademy.com/tools/skil...ild=dusty_3655 Its not the best gear, i really recommend to use a resilient shield like maco or elite fleet shield. But ship is fun to fly due its high romulan visuals, high damage(boosted due engine with attack patterns), stealth detection(deflector) and having all set bonusses. Its capable of running elite stf's without dying but thats time to master it. Be careful with beam Fire At will due the high aggro you will get, you cant save yourself then after a minute or five.

one more thing: you can check my skill tree on stoAcademy page listed above :-)

Last edited by dustreth; 07-30-2013 at 04:51 AM.